I hope you’re doing well! As I am stuck in lockdown like most of the world I though it may be useful to share things that I do to keep busy when you’re stuck inside! Feel free to write in the comment with more ideas for others!
1. Start a new hobby! Or maybe it’s something you used to love and you didn’t have enough time to keep it up? I’ve seen a lot of people on TikTok making their own clothes which I feel quite inspired by, so this is something I want to try this year. This is a great chance to do something you’ve always wanted to try out! Other ideas are sports, yoga or photography.
2. Learn a new language! I have been learning Spanish on Duolingo and it’s been so much fun! I definitely recommend and it’s also free.
3. Exercise! Follow the Instagram live workouts and try and get motivated as the hard work will pay off. Go on a bike ride or even a very long walk as it’ll waste a lot time. Use the couch to 5K app and start running. Plan to run the same time as your friend as that could help you get motivated.
4. Get in the kitchen! Grab the ingredients and bake a cake for you and your family. Although it can be time consuming, the end result is always worth it! I have baked things during lockdown that I’ve always wanted to try so this is the perfect opportunity to try something new.
5. Read a book. Luckily I had a stash of books waiting to be read before lockdown happened so I was fully equipped! This has been the main thing I have been doing during this time and I’ve been loving it as I hadn’t had anytime before lockdown to do this.
6. Have a virtual quiz or play bingo with friends or family via a group video chat. You can use Facebook, zoom or other softwares to do this. Grab an alcoholic beverage and pretend you’re altogether. I have been doing this once/twice a week which has been great fun.
7. Binge a TV series or watch films you’ve always wanted to watch. This is the perfect chance to catch up on TV and discuss your recommendations with your friends.
8. Have a pamper day. Look after yourself and make yourself feel good! Paint your nails, put on a face mask and just relax! Do this with a family member if you can as it’ll make it more fun. Massages and facials are always a winner!
9. Download the app TikTok. I have spent a lot of time on this app without realising! It is great for wasting time that’s for sure. Learn a TikTok dance and post it if you’re feeling brave!
10. Colouring. You may have an adult colouring book but if not then you can just use plain paper and colouring pens to make pretty patterns. this is so relaxing and therapeutic and just makes you feel like a kid again!
Hope you feel inspired! Let me know what you’ve been doing when you’re feeling bored!
Everything Alice x